ITIL Service Management
A complete set of ITIL 2011 best practice process diagrams, ITIL resource library, and ITIL documentation
iServer provides a complete set of ITIL best practice process diagrams modeled using BPMN 2.0, together with supporting documentation and resources. The ITIL model is based upon the ITIL 2011 documentation and spans all of the ITIL disciplines across the five Lifecycle Stages, guiding efficient IT service management within the organization.
Watch the iServer for ITIL 2011 Video
IT service management is a necessary endeavor in today’s quickly evolving market, with digital transformation being a must, not just an option. Businesses need to ensure they have a framework in place that supports business outcomes, enables business change, manages risk in line with the enterprise’s needs, optimizes customer experience and supports continual improvement.
As one of the most popular frameworks in use, ITIL 2011 is valuable for architects focused on aligning IT services with the needs of the business. The set of processes, procedures, tasks, and checklists that it describes helps organizations establish a competent internal structure used to plan, implement and measure a desired future state.
ITIL Organizational Benefits
Here are some of the benefits organizations can enjoy following an ITIL implementation:
- Manage business risk and minimize disruption for your services e.g. prioritize and manage improvement opportunities, quickly restore services, investigate and eliminate root causes for prevention purposes, as well as run incident reviews
- Benchmark processes and maximize Return on Investment e.g. show improved governance over investments using the financial management process, or use the ITIL service portfolio management process to map customer requirements against the investment
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting their needs and expectations e.g. use the service level management process to define and agree specific and measurable service targets, or find the best practices to enable staff to better understand and manage customer expectations
- Support business change e.g. use the change management process to respond to changing requirements in an agile manner, but consistent with the stakeholders’ needs and any financial restraints
Of course, implementing ITIL from the ground up is a lengthy process. It would expend most of the enterprise architecture department’s time and energy, as well as ultimately delay the arrival of expected benefits. In order to help you deploy and see the benefits as soon as possible, Orbus Software provide iServer for ITIL 2011.
iServer provides support for the ITIL standard in number of ways:
- A complete set of ITIL best practice process diagrams modeled using BPMN 2.0, covering every process and concept (over 100 diagrams included)
- The complete ITIL Reference Model, which includes items such as stages, processes, data and roles
- An online ITIL process portal to share your work with the wider business
- Preloaded ITIL 2011 views and reports e.g. RACI matrices, ITIL process documentation reports, and relationship views
- A variety of resources to help the practitioners e.g. eBooks, articles, videos, posters, starter packs, slide decks and webinars
Central ITIL Repository
iServer’s ITIL repository is arranged according to ITIL 2011’s five modules, and implemented in folder structures with each folder representing one of the Lifecycle Stages. Each lifecycle stage contains lifecycle processes, related data stores, inputs and outputs, as well as process diagrams and ITIL descriptions. Each stage also contains a role inventory and descriptions associated with each diagram. Users are able to drill down from high level processes to view more detailed process models.
Model with BPMN 2.0
Within iServer, ITIL processes can be modeling in Microsoft Visio using the modeling notation, BPMN 2.0. The repository is preloaded with over 100 Visio based, BPMN compliant diagrams of ITIL processes. This industry standard notation can be used to describe all objects and relationship types, making ITIL easy to reference and understand. Read more about iServer’s support for BPMN.
Analyze ITIL Components
The iServer repository can generate views on all objects and their relationships. The hierarchy view can be used to determine where object relationships exist across the repository and to dynamically view and maintain related objects already in the repository. The list view is a simple type of view used to create a list or catalogue information from the repository. Users can retrieve a single list of content regardless of their location and relationships within the repository. iServer also provides ITIL relationship matrices where users can query large amounts of relationships in the repository. This includes a RACI relationship matrix which defines the roles and responsibilities of the IT governance practice within the organization.
Navigate ITIL Process Hierarchies
View and navigate BPMN 2.0 ITIL process diagrams within the iServer portal or using the Visio diagrams. This allows users to drill down from high level ITIL stages, down to the detailed tasks recommended by this IT service management standard.
iServer is a licensed ITIL product, as recognized by AXELOS.
Book a Demonstration
Let us show you what iServer can do for you with a free, personalised demonstration of iServer's capabilities.Book your Demo