A useful and informative quick reference guide to Business Process Frameworks.
One of the popular topics in Enterprise Architecture today is Patterns. However, before Patterns became such a “hot” topic the uses of Architecture Frameworks were seen as an important part of the Architect’s “Toolkit”.
In this Quick Reference Guide, David Jones and Roderick Brown consider a key component of the Architect’s “Toolkit”: Business Process Frameworks, discussing the following:
• What are Business Process Frameworks;
• Why you should use a Business Process Framework; and
• The types of Business Process Frameworks available.
They also provide an introduction and context to Process Frameworks explaining:
• Why a means of classifying Processes is important
• What a Process Framework does;
• How to use Process Frameworks; and
• Examples of applying Process Frameworks.