COBIT 5 consolidates RiskIT, ValIT, BMIS and COBIT 4.1 into a single business focused framework. This provides a more effective value creation mechanism to meet a wide variety of stakeholder needs.
COBIT 5 is an integrated framework that provides simplified integration with other frameworks such as ITIL, TOGAF, ISO 27000, ISO38500, ISO31000, COSO and methods such as PRINCE2, PMBoK etc.
COBIT 5 has introduced a number of content changes:
• New 5 GEIT (governance of enterprise IT) principles
• Increased focus on 7 enablers
• New Process Reference Model, covering two areas, one each for governance and management)
• New and modified processes, which includes restructuring the descriptions of the individual processes and describing activities within each practice
• Practices and activities
• Goals and metrics
• Inputs and outputs
• RACI charts
• Process Capability Maturity Models and Assessments
Significantly COBIT 5 clearly defines and separates governance from management.
Perhaps the most important change that COBIT 5 brings with it is the reorganization of the framework from an IT process model into an IT governance and management framework for enterprise IT.
COBIT® 5 is a registered trademark of ISACA in the United States and other countries. ISACA neither supports nor endorses these videos.IT Governance COBIT Video