What is Data Exchange?
iServer Data Exchange provides a REST API synchronising iServer repository content with other systems and tool as well as an easy to use import wizard for the bulk import of data from Excel and XML data sources. Bulk imports can be scheduled to run automatically, saving time and ensuring the repository is always up to date with vital organizational data.
Find out more about Data Exchange
Watch the Video
Like what you see? Book a demonstration to see the Data Exchange module in actionBook a Demo
Features of Data Exchange
Support for XML Data Sources
XML stylesheets allow translation of data from one format into a format recognized by iServer with the minimal amount of work.
Inbound and outbound REST based web-services for interaction with iServer Repository content allowing synchronisation with other systems.
Scheduling of imports
Create a feed from an external 'master source' which can periodically update/synchronize with iServer.
Edit in Excel
Export a list into a spreadsheet where changes can be made in bulk and the re-imported into the repository.
Migrate Legacy Data from Enterprise Architecture Tools
Information from legacy enterprise architecture or business process modeling tools can be imported.
Use Import Sheets to Capture Business Information
Excel Import sheets (such as TOGAF catalogs or APM surveys) can be used to capture lists of objects and their attributes from the business, then be imported into the repository.
- Make the Repository a True Reflection of the Enterprise
- Bulk import of data from XML and Excel sources
- Ensure repository content is aligned to ‘real’ business data
- Protect the credibility of your team’s work as it is placed within the context of the wider scope of the business.
- Save a huge amount of time importing data from all external sources into a central repository.
- Content from business process modeling tools can be easily imported into the repository, allowing teams to leverage systems across the organization such as a CMDB.
- It minimizes the effort required to keep tools in sync with the repository, while update feeds can be added to refresh and synchronize any external changes periodically.
- Bulk import large catalogs with thousands of applications, attributes, technologies and functions in minutes using the import wizard.
Who uses it?
- Senior Systems Administrators can easily and quickly load large amounts of data from legacy systems in Excel or XML formats into the iServer repository through an easy-to-use import wizard.
- IT Operations Managers are able to easily import an application catalog with thousands of applications and attributes in minutes.
- Enterprise Application Architects can ensure alignment to business data and augment objects with iServer relationships without the need for a change request process.
Download the Flyer
To find out more about the Data Exchange module we have compiled a detailed list of features and benefits for you in this handy flyer. You can download it by clicking the link below.
What our Customers are saying
Smooth Implementation, Great Support and user friendly interfaces
Use of Global and multiple frameworks like TOGAF, BPMN2, UML and PPM. Easy adoption by modellers due to Microsoft Visio used as modelling tool. Easy user business adoption due to Browser Based Portal.
Technology Architect in the Support Services Sector - read the full review