iServer Reporting Services
Comprehensive and flexible reporting capability built on Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
What is iServer Reporting Services?
iServer Reporting Services is used to create, manage, and deploy custom reports. These reports extract information from the repository for presentation to stakeholders in a variety of supported formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF, HTML, and XML. These custom reports enable teams to combine and customize data beyond standard reporting.
Features of iServer Reporting Services
Intuitive Reporting Interface
A reporting engine is built upon Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Microsoft’s standard reporting platform, and can be used to create, manage, and deploy reports.
Customizable Reporting Capability
Reports are executed in iServer, but once complete can also be published to a web-server or hosted within a SharePoint or .NET page for sharing with the wider business.
Varied Reporting Formats
Reports can be published in a variety of formats, including HTML, Microsoft Word and Excel, PDF, and XML.
Report on the model - objects, relationships, diagrams and views - such as object catalogs, relationship matrices or hierarchies, and gap analysis comparison reports.
Report on who changed what and when - understand a detailed audit trail of how iServer is being used. In addition, reports for repository health-check and process/meta-data completeness.
Generate documentation such as process manuals, business requirements documents, solution architecture documents, by exporting diagrams and model content to Word/PDF.
iServer Reporting Services saves time and manual effort by being accessible directly from within the core iServer repository. This means that business users can quickly and easily generate reports targeted towards the needs of stakeholders and other members of the team.
The out of the box report packs provided offer a great starting framework for reporting on repository content. These are available to suit a range of business requirements, including audit, productivity, analysis, and roadmap reports.
- Reporting Services uses Microsoft SQL Reporting Services to enable reports to be extracted from the iServer repository in different formats to meet stakeholder information needs. The out of the box reports can be easily created without additional cost for system configuration and setup.
- Save time normally spent combining information from a number of sources, and can quickly create reports including those detailing process completeness, unused process elements, or duplicate process elements across your processes.
- Generate audit trails of how the iServer repository is being used, facilitating scalability considerations, as well as user reporting for security purposes.
Empowering IT Professionals
Who uses it?
- System Administrators can easily generate and maintain an updated audit/user report on who’s changed content in the repository and when, to understand how the repository is being used.
- Content Managers can create, manage and deploy custom reports such as process manuals, business requirements, and solution architecture documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF, HTML and XML formats.
- Process Modelers will generate model/meta-model reports, to view information about objects, relationships, views, gap analysis comparison reports, or report on the configuration within iServer, to facilitate a better modeling experience.
Latest Success Story
How Primark uses iServer to manage data collaboration and IT governance
Primark selects Orbus as their Enterprise Architecture tool